In the morning of June 6th, 2018 Arc Cup International Welding Competition, which is the first competition of the 2018 Belt & Road and BRICS Skills Development and Technology Innovation Competition started in Zhuzhou, Hunan, China. There was almost 1000 people including the participants from all over the world, including the representatives from the BRICS BC, the main leader of IIW, CWA, CWS, CAI, the government of Zhuzhou city, Haidian management committee of Zhongguancun Science Park, professors and experts and social elites.
2018 Arc Cup International Welding Competition is the opening Competition of the 2018 Belt and Road and BRICS Skills Development and Technology Innovation Competition and an important Competition project of china selection competition for 2018 South Africa BRICS Skills Challenge, which is aim to build an international cooperation platform, speed up the training of the welding talents, promote and strengthen the technical welding level.
388 welders from 71 competition teams participated in the Competition, including 20 international teams about 112 competitors, some from the BRICS countries, such as Russia, India, South Africa, China; some from the Belt & Road countries, such as Ukraine, Romania, Belarus, Czech, Bulgaria, Indonesia, Iran, Vietnam, Thailand, Mongolia, Singapore; and the other countries, such as Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Portugal and Ghana. 276 welder representatives from 15 China central enterprises, 33 high & middle vocational schools, welding related enterprises and social organizations participated in the competition. Moreover, Hong Kong, China also sent welders to the Competition.
The competition has received strong support and extensive participation from the Chinese government and the BRICS countries. Leaders and experts at all levels attended the opening ceremony and the related activities. Professor. Pan Jiluan, a member of Chinese Academy of Sciences and Tsinghua university professor; Ms. Cécile Mayer, The chief executive of the International Institute of welding; Mr. Zhang Yanmin, the vice President of China Machinery Industry Federation, and the vice executive director of the Chinese Mechanical Engineering Society; Mr. Yu Huarong, Secretary of the Party Committee and Secretary General of the China Invention Association; Mr. Yang Shengyue, vice mayor of Zhuzhou Municipal Government; so on all levels of leaders and experts attended the opening ceremony and related activities.
Ms. Ester Van der Linde, from South African MerSETA, and also a representative from SA BBC SDWG and Dr. Liu Zhenying, who is the Chairman of China Section of BRICS Business Council SDWG, Secretary General of Organizing Committee of Arc Cup International Welding Competition held the opening ceremony together.
2018 Arc Cup International Welding Competition, consisting of the Fifth International Robot Welding, which held in Dongguan, Guangdong, and the Second International Welding Technology Competition and the Sixth International Welding Skills Competition, would be a fierce competition.
Started from 2010, it has successfully held five sessions of the Arc Cup International Welding Competition and has currently been the associated events of the International Institute of Welding. Up to now, it has been more than 1000 domestic and international welding talents communicated and exchanged best practice by this platform. The achievements of the Competition have been highly recognized by the international community, known as the "World Arc Cup", and become one of the most influential international welding competitions.
It has significant importance of this Competition.
Firstly, the participation range of competition is wide and the participation level of the skilled talents is high.
Almost all of the international competitors of the Arc Cup International Welding Competition are the national winners of their countries. Meanwhile, most of the domestic competitors are selected from the central enterprise or the universities through different kinds of selection.
Secondly, it is an effective international skill training platform.
The Arc Cup International Welding Competition is a fabulous feast for the talents in the welding industry from different countries to learn from each other about the welding skill, to arouse the enthusiasm of the welders to explore welding technology and the enthusiasm to study welding skills. Moreover, it has also trained a large number of skilled people who can meet the international engineering requirements, and technical talents who are familiar with the international technical standards. The winners from the Competition will speed up to adapt to the international environment with the international skilled talents, in order to solve the problem of the local talents training of the Chinese enterprises, promote the harmonious and unified national skill standards. We would make the skill talented person as the forerunner of the Belt & Road area, paving the way for the construction along the Belt & Road countries.
Thirdly, The Arc Cup International Welding Competition is the opening competition of the 2018 Belt & Road and BRICS Skills Development and Technology Innovation Competition, will also become the cornerstone of the BRICS skill development and then become a worldly skill development platform.
2018 Belt & Road and BRICS Skills Development and Technology Innovation Competition is one of the political, economic and cultural exchanges between Belt & Road and BRICS countries and an important long-term mechanism for BRICS cooperation. After 2018 Arc Cup International Welding Competition, there will be 16 other competition projects going to be held respectively in Mongolia, Shandong, Guangdong, Zhejiang, Liaoning, Hebei, Beijing and Yunnan for china division. It is expected to have ten thousand people to participate in the Competition. Later, winners will go to Russia and South Africa for the final competition.
The Organization unit of the Competition “International Alliance of Skills Development” is an international platform for skills training, certification harmonization, competition, technique exchange and talents flow. And now there are over 150 members. In the future, the members will strengthen their cooperation to speed up the cultivation of skilled professionals.
We expect that the competition projects of the BRICS Skills Development and Technology Innovation Competition could root in China and develop around the world to promote global skills development in skills training, skilled professionals cultivation, skills research, and cultural exchanges.
Greetings from Organizing Committee of Arc Cup International Welding Competition (OC ARCIWC)!
2017 Arc Cup Competition has been held successfully owing to your support and participation. We want to express our sincere thanks to you.
And good news for you:
You have no longer to wait: 2018Arc Cup International Welding Competition is coming soon!
2018 Arc Cup Competition will be held in China in June 2018.
“National Winner” (who won the first place in your national welding competition) can enjoy much more priorities. For detailed competition projects and“National Winner” priorities, you can refer to the Invitation Letter.
We look forward to receiving your feedback letter with attached application form and seeing you in our 2018 Arc Cup Competition!
Organizing Committee of Arc Cup International Welding Competition (OC ARCIWC)
2018 Arc Cup International Welding Competition
Second International Welding Technology Competition
Fifth International Robot Welding Competition
Sixth International Welding Skills Competition
I. Time and Venue
II. Competition Projects
1. Second International Welding Technology Competition
(New Welding Technology, Welding Equipment, Welding Material, Welding Process and Their Application Competition)
2. Fifth International Robot Welding Competition
1) Welding Robots Demonstration Competition
2) Welding Robots Programming and Operation Competition
3. Sixth International Welding Skills Competition
1) Shielded Metal Arc Welding (111/SMAW)
2) Gas Metal Arc Welding (135/GMAW)
3) Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (141/GTAW)
4) Oxygen Fuel Gas Welding (311/OFW)
5) Finished-product Welding (111SMAW/141GTAW/135GMAW/136FCAW)
6) Welding Competition for Non-regulated Projects (Welding quality detection, Advanced welding equipment, Advanced welding skill performance and Special welding skills performance)
III. Competition Participants and Conditions
1. Second International Welding Technology Competition
Undergraduates, higher vocational and secondary vocational students (including postgraduates); teachers from all colleges and universities, and researchers from scientific research organization; welding engineering technicians, welding workers and relevant management staff, etc.
2. Fifth International Robot Welding Competition
1) Welding Robots Demonstration Competition: Welding robot manufacturers and system integration manufacturers.
2) Welding Robots Programming and Operation Competition: Welding robots operators.
3. Sixth International Welding Skills Competition: Welders with ages among 18-35 years old.
IV. Assessment Standards
Domestic and foreign judges make the assessment together based on international recognized standards and rules to guarantee the fairness, justice and international standards of the refereeing activities.
1.Second International Welding Technology Competition:
This competition adopts the method of competitors submitting competition materials for expert assessment + on-site defense. Competitors should submit materials by one of the following ways:
(1) Papers related to New Welding Technique/New Equipment/New Material/New Technology and presentation PPT;
(2) Drawings + project photos + process description related to New Welding Technique/New Equipment/New Material/New Technology and presentation PPT.
2) Fifth International Robot Welding Competition
2.1) Welding Robots Demonstration Competition:
(1) Video: Each participation team provides 1 minute welding robots performance video;
(2) On-site Practical Operation Performance: Each participation team re-shows the whole welding process in the video within the designated time to prove the authenticity and validity of the video;
2.2) Welding Robots Programming and Operation Competition
3) Sixth International Welding Skills Competition
Implementation of ISO 9606 international standards and regulations.
V. Priorities for “National Winner” (Not Suitable for International Welding Technology Competition)
1. “National Winner” who won the First Place once in the national welding competition will be given reimbursement for one round-trip flight ticket and be provided with free accommodation by the Organizing Committee during the competition. The number of the National Winner in the First Place who can enjoy this priority is no more than 1.
2. Top three winners in their national welding competition will be provided with free accommodation by the Organizing Committee during the competition.
3. The number of the competitors in a country who can enjoy the above two priorities is no more than 4.
VI. Recognition and Awards
1. Group Awards
Group Awards are calculated in unit of delegation team. Group winners will be honored with Golden, Silver and Bronze Cups and Certificates.
2. Individual Awards
1) Second International Welding Technology Competition is judged by group; each competition group is set the First, the Second and the Third Grade Prize, which may cover 60% of the competitors. And these winners will be awarded honor certificates.
2) Fifth International Robot Welding Competition: Winners will be honored Certificates and Cups.
3) Sixth International Welding Skills Competition and Welding Robots Programming and Operation Competition: There are seven individual competition projects according to process. Each project is set the First, Second and Third Grade Prize. And the First Grade Prize is set the First Place, Second Place and Third Place. Winners in the First Place, Second Place and Third Place will be honored Certificates, Medals and Prizes; Winners in the Second and Third Grade Prize will be honored Certificates.
4) Outstanding Competitors will be recommended by Organizing Committee to participate in the Second BRICS Skills Development & Technology Innovation Competition, which will be hold by South Africa.
5) All competitors have the equal chance to win the “Excellent Welder Prizes” certificates of 2018 Arc Cup International Competition.
To encourage sponsorship for the foreign teams, advertising and propaganda services for free will be provided by the Organizing Committee to the Sponsors.
Welcome welding equipment and welding material manufacturer to support and sponsor the competition!
Welcome welding robot manufacturer and robot system integrator to support and sponsor the competition!
VIII. Contact Us
Lisa Cui (15910438067) Maria Min (18600739220)
He Meilian (13520741338) Maggie Liu (13683099686)
Website: www.arciwc.com (Chinese); www.inwsa.org (English)
The Japan Welding Engineering Society (JWES) is pleased to host the 25th AWF meetings and various task force meetings which will be held on 13 – 15 April, Osaka - Japan. These meetings are in conjunction with the Japan International Welding Show (JIWS) 2016 from 13 -16 April at Osaka Academia, 1-3-5 Nanko-kita Suminoe-Ku, 559-0034 Osaka.
The JIWS, sponsored by JWES and Sanpo Publications Inc. (SANPO), is a technical exhibition held every two years. It has played an important role in providing current information and practices in welding and allied technologies with leading innovation in various industries for the last 47 years.
Register now as speaker or conference delegate at
Greetings from IMM!
IMM is organising the 10th International Materials Technology Conference and Exhibition (IMTCE2016) at the Putra World Trade Centre (PWTC) in Kuala Lumpur on 16th – 19th May 2016. IMTCE2016 will provide a platform to Academicians and Industrialists to showcase their knowledge and expertise in the area of “Design, Research and Inventions” in the following progressions of technology:
•Current Technologies – Performance of Materials, Facilities and Assets
•New Technologies – Trials & Tribulations Encountered
•Future Evolution – Research and Inventions for the Future
MTCE2016 will include 3 Technical Symposiums of 800 delegates, 100-booth exhibition, a Conference Banquet Dinner, Pre Conference Golf, Plant Visits, Masterclasses and local tours.
Block 1003 Bukit Merah Central